Sunday 16 November 2014

Unit 1A: My strength and weaknesses

My strength:

My ability to create has always been their. From GCSE I realized I have a flair for things like editing and story boarding ideas. This is due to my love of English which allows my inspiration flow. I feel that I can work with people too, I when having to work with people I know what they are good at and how I can bring it out of them. This is something I realist mainly last year aster working with people who weren't as confident as myself so I became the producer and found them roles which would benefit both myself and them.

It I something that's always bee there but it really comes out when I' filming. my ability to bring people ideas to reality is also something I'm good at, which I am currently working on as I am helping a friend create a short movie on an ongoing project. I hope to strengthen these skills by working with professional who do these kinds of things as a job. I feel by working along side professionals will allow me to see what is expected of me if I chose to either be an editor or producer.

My weakness and how to improve:

Well working I have realized I don't have much knowledge on the equipment's, I know the basics of a camera, a tripod however I don't know anything else and hope to learn more about them. another thing I haven't done much of is being in the more productive side of making things like animation, I have not got much experience with cameras and lighting as well as other equipment and I hope to learn about them.

In order to gain more knowledge on equipment and do more productive work I will put myself forward when given the opportunity to work with equipment as I know from the schedule we will get the opportunity to learn about equipment's and I will pay attention to those days. Also to become more productive I will be more involved by going to the optional dates and push myself to work on projects, which I haven't done before.

Animation is something I have never tried and would like to have a go at it. As explained before I am in planning process and editing and have never been keen on being on camera as o feel very self-conscious, my confidence does sometimes shy away which is something I need to develop as in the industry I know you can't be shy so I hope to be more out going and involved in the making of films and even appear in scenes.

I will try to work with people who know more about animation than me and I will involve myself as much as possible in the teamwork tasks and even take on my own responsibility by working independently when needed. To appear in footage I will nominate myself if given the opportunity.

Why I applied:

The main reason I applied is to work with people who share the same passion for media as I do as in college people aren't as committed as I am and only work to get the grade, I know that the other member chose to be there in their holidays too and I would never get another chance at this age to work with people who could really help me improve my strength and help me with me weaknesses as I don't know anyone else who has ben in the industry because I am the first in my family. I realize that this will not only educate me but Allow me to gain a hands on experience, which I may not get again until I'm older.

Getting the chance to work with professionals will help guide me to a profession best suited for me or even one I haven't thought of myself and it will help me gain skills and allow me to try out the more technique side, which I haven't done much of yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment