Monday 17 November 2014

Unit 2A: role and planning

On the day of the screening we would all create work shop classes on the thing we learnt to teach our friends and family as well as other visitors of the mac allowing us to help teach people about making films and even perhaps inspire them to try.

We started of by getting into small groups creating ideas of what kind of work shops we would want. We came up with things like green screen, photo booth, animation booth and more. The ideas started to circulate, which lead to job roles. As we didn't have time left we went home to think about it. Doing this allowed me to build my teamwork skills as I had to come up with ideas and share as well as listen to other peoples ideas and help them develop it, which is what you do when planning in a team.

In order to be a good leader, you must be able to work well with your team mates and make sure the sector you are running is running smoothly, and help as much as possible, as well as think of ways to make it better for your team and the people you are helping. I hope to be able to do these things in my sector at the event.

From the event I wanted to see how the promoting side worked and how to create new ways to sell the event. We were told that on the day we would have to pick up another role as our job would be done before the day of the event and I wanted to try recruiting with my new found confidence. I felt that this would help improve and develop my people skills and my selling skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment